Museum Exhibitions & Gallery Shows
- 2017 "Harry B. Chandler: Autopia" (Solo) Peterson Auto Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- 2015 "Sex, Lies and Videotape: Selected Works" (Group) Angel City Gallery, Los Angeles CA
- 2014 "Autopia" (Tandem Solo) Temporary Contemporary Gallery, Sacramento, CA
- 2009 "Dreamers in Dream City" (Solo) Autry Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- 2009 "Group Show" (Group) Gallery 825, Los Angeles, CA
- 2008 "The Dreamers: Inspirational Stories of Southern California" (Solo) The California Museum, Sacramento, CA
My current work focuses on a few series in different media. My UltraBeauty series of sculpture deals with gender politics, the dialogues of desire and images of the masculine and feminine. My Autopia paintings explore the mythological landscapes of Los Angeles's freeway interchanges. My Pairings digital movies deal with juxtaposed portraits and the implied relationships they create. My artwork has been featured in solo exhibitions at the Peterson Auto Museum, the Autry Museum and the California Museum.
I graduated from Stanford and attended UCLA Graduate School of Film and Television. Prior to devoting myself to my career as an artist, I worked as a television executive (Spotlight, Showtime, CBS, Hearst Entertainment) and as an independent film producer, producing eight television films. After leaving the entertainment business, I ran new business development for internet startups latimes.com and Overture (now Yahoo Search Services).
My civic projects include Board chairman of River LA, I am a collector of Los Angeles-based artists, a founding contributor to Los Angeles MOCA, a member of the Getty Museum Photo Council and LACMA LENS.